Summer is fast approaching, and one of the best ways to upgrade your backyard space is a wood fire pit. In this blog, we’ll share the top 7 benefits of outdoor fire pits as well as the best fire pit ideas to incorporate into your existing yard space. Let’s get started.
- Outdoor fire pits provide year-round enjoyment
While outdoor fire pits are extraordinarily attractive backyard features in the spring and summertime, they’re not limited to those seasons. In fact, as you’d guess, a fire pit’s main purpose is to produce heat. Thus, you’ll likely find that you enjoy sitting outside by the fire on a cold night as well. It evokes warm and cozy feelings and allows you to enjoy your yard regardless of what the weather is doing. Grab that cup of hot cocoa, a good book, and head out to your fire pit!
- Wood fire pits create a warm and inviting outdoor lounge area
Every family has a different favorite lounge area. Some people gather in the living room, some have a home movie theater, and others love to gather outside and get some fresh air. Having an outdoor fire pit creates an appealing focal point where everyone can gather and feel at home.
Since the beginning of time, humans have always gathered around fires. It has been used for warmth, protection, and cooking. Why not make your outdoor fire pit the most inviting asset on your property?
- Outdoor fire pits are a social hotspot
- “Hey! We just installed a fire pit. Do you want to come over and have a beer?”
- “Our wood fire pit is perfect for s’mores. Any interest in bringing your kids over sometime this week?”
- “We’re thinking of having a few families over in the neighborhood to swim and have a bonfire in our outdoor fire pit. Would you want to come?”
These are just a few ways your new wood fire pit can become an easy social spot. Fire pits promote a warm and relaxing ambiance that invites people in and encourages them to stay. If you love to host and hang outdoors, this is the ideal addition to your yard. Outdoor fire pits provide subtle entertainment and a focal point that prevents boredom without being an added distraction.
- Fire pits are versatile additions to backyards
Fire pits can fit with virtually any backyard or patio environment. Whether your backyard is expansive, or you just have a little bit of space to fill, it’s an easy pick for most because it functional, social, and multipurpose. It can serve as a spot to gather around, a place to make food, or provide you warmth when it’s cold outside.
- Outdoor fire pits can add value to your home
Having a well-built fire pit can add value to your home. Potential homeowners love the idea of enjoying an outdoor space for all the same reasons you’d want a fire pit yourself. It’s a functional outdoor addition that can serve a variety of uses. Plus, who doesn’t love having something they don’t have to buy, build, and install themselves?
- Fire pits are affordable
Fire pits come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials. This means there’s no “average” cost, and you can customize one to your preferences and budget. Wood fire pits made of metal can be on the more affordable end while fire pits built into elegant architecture can be pricier. For more information about custom fire pits, make sure to check out Industrial Handmade Co. Your perfect wood fire pit is waiting for you!
- Outdoor fire pits are safe when used responsibly
Natural gas and propane-fed fire pits can both be incredibly safe when common sense and precautions are taken. Here are a few tips that can help you ensure that both you and any guests are safe when enjoying your outdoor fire pit.
- Keep plants and other flammable objects at least 10 to 20 feet away
- Have a bucket of sand or hose nearby for emergencies
- Educate your family and guests about fire safety (especially children)
- Adhere to local fire safety laws
- Don’t use a wood fire pit on a deck or patio
Are you seeking a quality handcrafted outdoor fire pit that you and your family can enjoy for years to come? Industrial Handmade Co. has fire pits for sale. All of our pieces are handmade with love! Visit our website to learn more.